- Children who grow up getting their nutrition from plant foods rather than meats have a tremendous health advantage. They are less likely to develop weight problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, and some forms of cancer.
- The average I.Q. of Vegan Kids is 116 compared to Non-Vegan Kids average of 99, a 17 IQ Point Advantage!
- Eating Habits: Vegan Kids: 50% eat enough fruit and veggies. Nonvegan Kids: 1% eat enough fruit and veggies.
- Physical Development. Vegetarian and nonvegetarian youngsters grow at a comparable rate according to the American Dietetic Association.
- Obesity: Vegan Kids: They eat no cholesterol and less fat, and vegan adolescents eat fewer sweets, fast foods, and salty snacks than nonvegan kids do. Nonvegan Kids: Over 9 Million kids in the USA over age 6 are overweight. A 2005 study published in the Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine found that the more cow's milk kids drink, the more likely they are to be overweight.
References for the ArgumentsEdit
- Benjamin Spock, M.D., author of the highly acclaimed parenting guide Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care
- Journal of the American Dietetic Association and the Los Angeles Times
- John Robbins, author of Diet for a New America, and Pediatrics: Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Dietetic Association.